The reissue of Elizabeth Nunez’s moving exploration into trust, family, redemption, and love.
Featured: Black Interest
Best-selling writer Colin Channer’s debut poetry collection tackles the unlikely literary figure of the Jamaican policeman.
Legendary Haitian author Depestre combines magic, fantasy, eroticism, and delirious humor to explore universal questions of race and sexuality.
Achy Obejas will appear as part of an Artsmith Artist Residency reading, with others TBA, at Darvill’s Bookstore.
Sneak preview! Hear Lauren Stahl read from The Devil’s Song as part of Wilkes University’s January residency celebration. Featuring Lauren Stahl and other readers TBA. This event is open to the public and will be held in the Henry Student Center Ballroom.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts is a Best Book of 2017!
- “A Body Appears” by Douglas Cole
- “Flood Street Fire” by Oscar Holiday
- “The Descent of Man and Everyone Else” by John Streamas
- “Dexter: Season 2” by Nicole Heinlein
Congratulations to Peter Kimani, whose novel Dance of the Jakaranda is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”