A fierce, intelligent, and often hilarious novel about a young African American attorney who struggles to keep his cool in the personally and politically turbulent ’90s.
Featured: Black Interest
A truly exciting American debut from a Nigerian writer on Chris Abani’s new poetry imprint, Black Goat, with an introduction by Kwame Dawes.
An illuminating and unflinching novel exploring England’s 19th-century colonization of Jamaica.
Join co-editor James Grady as he discusses Montana Noir.
Join Karen E. Osborne for a reading and signing discussion of her debut novel, Getting It Right.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts featured in The Rumpus including an exclusive excerpt and an interview with Rivers!
- “Desperado” by Michael Loniewski
- Akashic Authors at Miami Books Fair 2017
- “Hunter of the Flying Monkeys” by Joyce Zigos
- 99¢ E-BOOK: Download Spoke through Sunday, November 19!
Have you ever wondered how the intricate figures and scenes from What Is Punk? and What Is Hip-Hop? are created?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”
- Event: Eric Morse Launches What Is Hip-Hop?
- Now Available: What Is Hip-Hop? by Eric Morse and Anny Yi