The third book from the iconic underground poster artist.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
Jonah Sees Ghosts is a shocking, touching, and humorous first novel that blends magical realism with a figurative study of how alcohol abuse shapes the personalities within a family.
For a limited time, purchase three of Amiri Baraka’s titles (Tales of the Out & the Gone, Black Music, and Home: Social Essays) together for only $16.95!
Sponsored by African and African American Studies.
Featuring Mississippi Noir contributors Mary Miller, John Floyd, and Andrew Paul.
News & Features
- “The Rumor” by Cass Lewis
- “The Bus” by Jason Ehlen
- “The Offer” by Kristen Petry
- EVENT: 2016 OCM Bocas winners!
To celebrate the release of Rio Noir, the latest release from Akashic’s award-winning Noir Series, we’re pleased to give you a look behind the scenes with editor Tony Bellotto’s introduction, “Deciphering an Enigma.”
- Editor Dave Zirin’s Foreword from Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- Jessica Luther: On Writing Unsportsmanlike Conduct
- Tom Franklin’s Introduction to Mississippi Noir
- Michel Dufrannes’s Introduction to Brussels Noir