Nearly forty years after breaking his way into public consciousness, the indefatigable godfather of indie features and African American cinema presents a graphic novel that serves as the inspiration for his latest film.
Featured: Black Interest
Finding the Black Lotus murderer is Detective Wolf’s chance to avoid an Internal Affairs investigation. That’s when things get personal.
Discover some of the best in speculative short fiction from the Caribbean’s up-and-coming voices.
Ariel Gore and contributors Jimmy Santiago Baca, Miriam Sagan, James Reich, Darryl Lorenzo Wellington, Elizabeth Lee, Ana June, Barbara Robidoux, Byron F. Aspaas, Kevin Atkinson, and Israel Francisco Haros Lopez launch Santa Fe Noir at Collected Works.
Editor Andrew Welsh-Huggins and contributors Tom Barlow, Daniel Best, Laura Bickle, Chris Bournea, Kristen Lepionka, Craig McDonald, Yolonda Tonette Sanders, Mercedes King, and Robin Yocum launch Columbus Noir at Thurber House; book sales provided by The Book Loft. Tickets available: http://www.thurberhouse.org/special-events/columbus-noir.
News & Features
Akashic Books is pleased to announce LyricPop, A New Picture Book Series Presenting Your Favorite Song Lyrics, Launching in June 2020
- “Brown Crayon” by Tamar Jacobs
- “Doh Let Jumbie Hold Yah” by Krystal M. Ramroop
- “The Prenup Murders” by Kenton K. Yee
- “The Good and the Bad” by Kristen Petry
Ben Orki’s new novel The Freedom Artist is receiving fantastic advance praise!
- Ryan O’Callaghan on CBS This Morning with Gayle King!
- A TALL HISTORY OF SUGAR Receives Glowing NEW YORK TIMES Review!
- “A Publishing Factory Grows in Brooklyn”
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL