Excerpts from our three May releases: Every Boy Should Have a Man by Preston L. Allen, The Family Mansion by Anthony C. Winkler, and the second installment in the Open Lens imprint, The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave.
Featured: Black Interest
A passionate memoir and fearless behind-the-scenes look at the personal lives of the biggest reggae stars in the world.
A dazzling coming-of-age novella, now an Essence Magazine best seller, by Jamaica’s top-selling writer.
Join Katia D. Ulysse for the launch of her new book, Mouths Don’t Speak.
Join Lauren Stahl for the hometown launch of her new book, Devil’s Song.
News & Features
Rivers Solomon’s An Unkindness of Ghosts is a Best Book of 2017!
- “My Hypoglycemic Son and ADD Wife” by Shelby Raebeck
- “Keep Portland Weird” by Tom Larsen
- “A Body Appears” by Douglas Cole
- “Flood Street Fire” by Oscar Holiday
Congratulations to Peter Kimani, whose novel Dance of the Jakaranda is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”
- D Hunter’s Playlist – “To Funk and Die in LA”