In conjunction with the publication of Pills and Starships by Lydia Millet—the latest release from our Black Sheep imprint for Young Adults and Young Readers—we’ve created the Black Sheep Digit, comprising excerpts from Pills and Starships and our first two Black Sheep releases, Changers Book One: Drew by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and Game World by C. J. Farley.
Featured: Black Interest
Half-sisters Kara and Alex—one the biracial product of foster care, the other of dysfunctional privilege—struggle for redemption and forgiveness.
The best anthology of classic Haitian fiction ever assembled, unparalleled in scope.
Michael Zadoorian presents Beautiful Music at McLean & Eakin.
Theasa Tuohy presents Flying Jenny at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodome in Red Hook, NY. Full details TBA.
News & Features
Etan Thomas, author of We Matter: Athletes and Activism on our Edge of Sports imprint, was recently interviewed by Candace Buckner in the Washington Post on athletes using their platform to speak out on current political events. Read the full article here.
- “Cross Training” by Michael Loniewski
- “The Silk-Cotton Tree” by Jean Wolfersteig
- BEAUTIFUL MUSIC Playlist + Praise Round-Up!
- “Notes of an Undead Son” by John Vercher
Did you catch our indefatigable publisher Johnny Temple in the May 11, 2018 issue of the New York Times? Author Andrew Cotto described a day in the life of Johnny Temple, which begins with reading and coffee, in the Sunday Routine section: “How Johnny Temple, Book Publisher and Rocker, Spends His Sundays.”
- Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides Honored for CHASING WATER
- Akashic Authors Nominated for Lambda Literary Awards!
- ATLANTA NOIR Editor Tayari Jones Pens Oprah Book Club Pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!