This reissue of a 1967 story collection shows a mind in motion, featuring writing that is provocative, witty, bitter, and aggressive.
Featured: Black Interest
A Jamaican father and his adult son travel across the island together in a touching and humorous novel that explores family reconciliation.
Oddball sexuality, acts of perversion, and out-of-order behavior from the acclaimed Jamaican author of The Lunatic and Dog War.
How funny is this social satire? Akashic Books’s pledge to our readers: Laugh out loud at least once or your money back. Seriously.
Theasa Tuohy presents Flying Jenny at the Yorkville Branch of the New York Public Library.
Greenlight presents it’s 9th Annual Brooklyn Indie Party. A Brooklyn Book Festival Bookends event.
News & Features
Congratulations to Bernardine Evaristo, whose novel Girl, Woman, Other has been longlisted for the 2019 Booker Prize!
- “Oh Gifted Children” by Christopher Walker
- “Birthday Party at a Pool” by Tamar Jacobs
- “The Capitulation Method” by Tyrel Kessinger
- “Let’s Not Think About It” by Lynne Bronstein
A recent issue of Publishers Weekly featured a news article on Akashic’s home, the Old American Can Factory in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL
- Ron Kovic on Bruce Springsteen in TIME Magazine
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues
- TIGERBELLE featured for Black History Month