A powerful debut novel illuminating how adoptees struggle to recapture their personal histories and cultural legacy, part of Akashic’s Open Lens imprint.
Featured: Black Interest
Chris Abani’s new novella furthers his reputation as the most acclaimed young African writer today.
A riveting memoir in which Nunez comes to grips with her mother’s passing and her parents’ ambition for their children.
Join Pete Hamill for the Brooklyn launch event of the 50th anniversary edition of A Killing for Christ. Pete Hamill will be joined in conversation by the New York Times‘ Sam Roberts. For more information and to RSVP, please visit the Brooklyn Public Library’s event page.
Lauren Sanders (The Book of Love and Hate), will appear on a panel called “Fractured Characters: Fiction,” along with authors Jessie Chaffee (Florence in Ecstasy) and Noley Reid (Pretend We Are Lovely) to discuss their work, following the stories of emotionally fractured characters.
News & Features
Authors of the CHANGERS Series on the Today Show!
- “Central Park General” by B. Kim Taylor
- “Take a Deep Breath and Count to Four” by Tamar Jacobs
- “Last Stop, Greystone Park” by SA Solomon
- “The Butcher of Pensacola” by James Glass
Congratulations to Tayari Jones, editor of ATLANTA NOIR whose latest novel is an Oprah Book Club pick!
- Noir Series E-Books Only $2.99 Each!
- DANCE OF THE JAKARANDA is a New York Times Notable Book of 2017!
- Akashic Insider Exclusive: The Making of the Wu-Tang Clan from WHAT IS HIP-HOP?
- One Year Later — “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”