A truly exciting American debut from a Nigerian writer on Chris Abani’s new poetry imprint, Black Goat, with an introduction by Kwame Dawes.
Featured: Black Interest
The debut title from Akashic’s Open Lens imprint: a universal tale of family, heritage, and the ties that bind, from the nationally best-selling author Randall Robinson.
This nine-piece box set, an African Poetry Book Fund (APBF) project, features the work of eight African poets.
Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce will be signing copies of I Am a Promise at Sangster’s Book Store—Portmore.
Former Philadelphia Eagle Don McPherson presents You Throw Like a Girl at the Big Blue Marble Bookstore.
News & Features
Congratulations to Akashic author Bernardine Evaristo, whose novel Girl, Woman, Other has won the 2019 Booker Prize!
- “The Rug Rat Diaries” by Anita Wong
- “Moby Mick” by BV Lawson
- “The Night Heron” by Simone Kern
- “Two Guys Come Through the Door with Guns” by Karen Heuler
Curdella Forbes’s A Tall History of Sugar was reviewed in the New York Times Book Review!
- “A Publishing Factory Grows in Brooklyn”
- Akashic Noir Series featured in CHESTNUT HILL LOCAL
- Ron Kovic on Bruce Springsteen in TIME Magazine
- C.J. Farley on AROUND HARVARD SQUARE and Operation Varsity Blues